Wednesday, May 5, 2010

iPad for Mom

Agreeing with this article posted by TJ Lauma, I'm thinking an iPad might be great for mom. My mom would be considered a noob when it comes to the PC. The only things she knows how to do is turn it on, launch chrome and surf the web one page at a time. She'll check her email if she remembers to. I'd consider her a very casual internet user. Me -- completely different. I will load multiple pages at once, downloading music, shoot out emails, burning cds, and probably be playing some sort of game all at once. The iPad clearly won't work for me.. but for her, it could be the best invention ever. It has a very simple interface and its small enough to fit in her oversized purse. Theres a built in app to check email, even notifying you how much unread mail you have. Safari is simple enough to navigate, and since she browses one page at a time.. its perfect. Heck, she even has an iPhone.. I bet the transition would be seamless. The iPad is designed for very casual users, and it does it well. For heavy PC users, not so much.

Mother's day is coming up..if i had enough cash I'd get her one.


No comments:

Post a Comment