Tuesday, May 4, 2010

London hotels equiped with iPAD!


Wow this is great. A hotel in London is going to equip their concierges with iPads. What does this mean?

Simon Scoot, vice president, global brand management at the chain, said: "Our concierges are already engaging with our guests with useful information such as pre-stay e-mails, destination specific concierge websites, interactive maps and concierge videos.

This idea is awesome because it lets a somewhat boring concierge able to interactive with customers while "wowing" them. I could imagine myself going to this hotel and asking a concierge for help. The concierges would be able to pinpoint locations to me on the iPad and guide me there at the same time. This also eliminates the need for concierges to be stuck behind a desk, allowing them to be more mobile. I could ask the concierge for suggestions about restaurants and tourists stuff. It'd be amazing if they could just pull it up with a click of an app and show me visually. They should go the next step and equip every room with an iPad. Now that would be an amazing idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment